Student Services

FPF students enjoy all the benefits of being a Berkeley student while participating in our program. Here are some important resources and services that are particularly useful for new students. 

Campus Resources

Cal 1 Card: The Cal 1 Card is more than just your student ID card. With it you gain access to secure buildings and entrance to athletic events and sports facilities, you can use it as a campus debit card, and you are able to take advantage of the University’s health services, among other benefits. 

Career Center: Prepares undergraduates, graduate students and alumni to make informed decisions about their futures by providing comprehensive resources, programs and counseling on career development, internships, employment and graduate school. Check out the Pre-Med Guide for everything you need to know about preparing for medical school, including general prerequisites, MCAT advice and what kind of field experience you will need before applying. It’s never too early to look into the opportunities available.

Career Counseling Library (at the Tang Center): The Career Counseling Library provides comprehensive counseling to help you select a major and make career decisions. Services include individual career counseling, career assessments, and research on majors, careers, and graduate school.

Scholarship Connection: UC Berkeley's clearinghouse for information on scholarships that are funded by sources outside of the University. Scholarship Connection is run by the Office of Undergraduate Research and Prestigious Scholarships (OUR). It receives hundreds of scholarship notices each year.

Student Learning Center (SLC): Meet with more than 250 tutors and instructors and 20 professional staff to help support your education in most common core lower-division courses.

Recreational Sports Facility (RSF): The University’s largest, most complete fitness center, with more than 100,000 square feet of activity space, including an Olympic-sized swimming pool, three weight rooms and seven basketball courts. 

UC Education Abroad Program (UCEAP): A team of staff advisors equips you with the knowledge, understanding and skills for work and life in a globally interdependent and culturally diverse world, in addition to providing information about studying abroad.

University Health Services

Your tuition and campus fees cover basic medical care services through University Health Services (UHS) at the Tang Center. UHS provides medical care and clinical services, health education and promotion, counseling and psychological services, and more. UHS does not provide hospitalization and specialty services.

In addition to UHS services, UC Berkeley requires all students to carry major health insurance that covers hospitalization and specialty services. You will be automatically enrolled in the Berkeley Student Health Insurance Plan Berkeley (SHIP) when you register for FPF, and the charge will appear on your Campus Accounts Receivable System (CARS) bill. You can choose to keep Berkeley SHIP, or you can waive it if you have coverage through a major medical insurance plan that is comparable to Berkeley SHIP. For waiver deadlines, eligibility, instructions, forms and FAQs, please visit University Health Services or call (510) 642-2000.

Disabled Students' Program

The UC Berkeley Disabled Students' Program (DSP) supports students with disabilities in achieving academic success by providing accommodations for a wide range of documented cognitive, sensory and mobility impairments. As an FPF student, you may receive support from disability specialists, professional-development courses and accessibility experts during your time in FPF and in your further studies on campus.

It is important to begin the accommodation process as early as possible once you have your FPF course schedule finalized to ensure that DSP can coordinate support services as necessary. Services might include assistive technology, note-takers, extended or distraction-free test-taking, a reduced course load or other accommodations.

Visit for more information and click on "Apply for Services" to apply as a new student.