Starting your Berkeley career in Fall Program for Freshmen (FPF) is like being in a small liberal arts college for your first semester. FPF offers a collaborative learning community for newly admitted freshmen in the College of Letters & Science at Berkeley. The key benefits of joining FPF are:
- A close-knit community of peers, advisors, and instructors are more accessible
- Smaller class sizes, allowing for high-impact learning
- FPF's core curriculum (differs from main campus core classes)
- Introduction to Berkeley's mission of teaching, research, and public service
- Support from FPF Ambassadors (student mentors) and tutors
- Access to all the benefits of Berkeley while being part of FPF for an additional program fee
The FPF core curriculum prepares our students for success and includes courses such as major prerequisites, Reading and Composition courses, L&S Breadth Requirements, and electives. The individualized guidance from FPF advisors supports you in your immersion at Berkeley.
Fall 2020: UC Berkeley and FPF are closely monitoring circumstances related to COVID-19. FPF will run our program remotely in accordance with the recommendations of UC and UC Extension leadership. UC Berkeley Admissions is committed to supporting you. FPF staff will be here to answer any questions you may have regarding your fall FPF experience.
FPF alumni have higher graduation rates than their non-FPF peers.
97.5% of FPF students met 1-on-1 with an advisor in 2019.
100% of FPF instructors lead their own discussion sections.
Get to Know Us
Ask Us Questions
We love connecting with you! Please email any questions about FPF to email@example.com and a staff member will respond to you. If you'd like to get your question answered by a former FPF student, email AskFPF@berkeley.edu.